Thursday, February 15, 2007

VALENTINE'S DAY 2007

TO OLD AGE
I see in you the estuary that enlarges and spreads itself grandly
    as it pours in the great sea.
-- Walt Whitman


VALENTINE'S DAY 2007

My estuary is expanding
Toward the sea,
While my chi radiates outwards
to the pulsing universe.
As does my fleshy thighs
and plushing butt
These enlargements tho are well concealed
no underwear leave elastic marks revealed
Jogging pants and shirts
Large 2x and even 3
Is bigger better?
Is better... bigger?
My estuary is definitely expanding
Toward the sea.
-- LPS

I see in you, love,
Our estuary strong.
We were clean springs,
Trickles of youth, once.
Our streams merged
So long ago, like yesterday.
Those waters have not died,
They feed us still.
But spreading outward, forward,
The great sea before us,
Our flow endless,
From the ripple over stones
To the oceanic depths ahead,
Our age and time are syllables
We once imagined that we knew,
But now we hear the echoes from the singing
Of the distant whales,
Constant, ever new, always old,
Our music, you and I, listening.
-- PGS

No comments: