Thursday, May 31, 2007

Interstitial Manhattan: Judith Malina's autograph

Wednesday in Manhattan, an ordinary day, an extraordinary day.

Won the lottery to Wicked, my name first one called.

Should I bother to record the events of yesterday or will I miss out
too much of today in the process?

Best to go forward, to the homes of Melville, Kerouac, Ginsberg, Twain...

Yesterday, the Lower East Side, rediscovered the real New York, the
streets, the slum goddess culture...

And the Living Theatre, with Judith Malina sitting beside me.

"Would it be too bourgeois of me to ask for your autograph?" I asked,
handing her my program for "The Brig."

"I used to do it all the time," the octogenarian said. She signed,
"To Greg, Peace and Love, Judith" and drew a big heart.

I think in Spanish casi todo el dia.

Es mi hogar esta ciudad, siempre, positively 4th street.

No comments: