Saturday, March 15, 2008

Zen Yawn

Pretend to hope

War is going on, going to go on, past the start

On to the next

Naught to do

I am focusing on the next film festival

I clocked a meditation

I will get a tattoo with my sons

I will go to Mexico with my sons

Too late to "re-litigate" they say

Let's see if the other party can do any better, they say

They wore us down
One can't even write a letter
No sense to engage

I will be a non-atheist

I will never travel on The Darjeeling Limited

I will be free of money

I will read every restaurant review and art show reviews and follow each theater opening in the New York Times

I don't have to go

I don't have to go to India

The three rich sons pretending

Not to be envied, respected, or scorned

Peter, Francis, Jack
 
Seeking all the spiritual places they can buy

They will find them in spite of their money

I will find them in spite of

or because of

lack of

the same

Bush isn't seeking

The money hides the forest

Seeking more or keeping more money

Travel gives material
Writing comes from travel

The futility of letters to the editor
The futility of ignoring the war

Helplessness
The sense that they want us to give up, to relent, to relax
That was their plan all along

Two 20 minute TMs per day
Dreams
Crossword puzzles
Poems
Dreams: Lee moved the washing machine

If you want to make God laugh, make a plan

Outline a book

Film festivals are the answer

Pray for Colombia

How can we help?

Other than give money, how can we help?

Take

Take from them

Take from them, spirit

Bush, trapped by the system of Mammon, takes

Takes the wrong thing

Takes not spirit

Replenishes forever, drowns, never knows

Blindness keeps him

On the surface

But drowning just the same

Water torture

Someone else shops for him

What could be worse?

No comments: