Thursday, August 17, 2006

Project Runway

I caught up with last week's show as well, since I fell asleep during the runway showing of the fashion icons.  Vincent's Twiggy was all wrong.

I thought Vincent should have been kicked off this week.  All the while he was making his dress, I thought it was ridiculous, throwing handfuls of confetti at it.  Then when it was presented, I was surprised that it seemed kind of fun to watch, but was completely impractical.  It probably fell apart the instant the model walked off the runway.  I felt sorry for Alison.  Her dress was bad, but she had a large model to work with, too, didn't she?  The producers are always thinking about good television, though, and they probably want Vincent to stay on because he's such a freak.  But I miss Bradley, who wasn't good television as a participant, but gave such a sweet farewell the week before.

I expected Jeffrey to win.  I really liked that dress, the colors, the design.  So did most viewers, according to the online poll.  And most people hated Vincent's the most.  http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/rate/season/3/episode/6/results
Jeffrey's seemed to be the only one that didn't look like it was made out of recycled material.

I really like this show, although I care nothing for fashion, but I like that it shows a bunch of people working in a creative process, making creative decisions and doing the work, and then it shows the process of aesthetic criticism, the judges evaluating the work.  Two of my favorite things in one television show.  Maybe that's why I like cooking shows, too.

On 8/17/06, LMW wrote:
So, what did you think of the decision tonight on Project Runway?  I
guess they chose the right one, altho I did think that Vincent's long
white dress was rather odd, and since he bothers me to no end, I wish
it had been he who was voted off.  I rather like Alison.  And, I
guess I have absolutely no fashion sense because I rather liked
Kayne's dress, altho the makeup and hair were awful.  Actually,
I kind of liked Kayne's first skirt if you did away with the bottle
caps.

I think I really favored Uli's dress over Michael's that won.  And, I
sort of liked how Jeffrey's dress did not end up looking like
newspaper but did look like material in the end, altho I did not care for his "'tude" at the end.  Oh, and his tattoo looks to me like his
neck is dirty.  Laura really surprised me with her words to Vincent
at the end--I think he bothers her as much as me!!  She rather does
act like the group mother, tho.

So, what do your buds say about last night's episode?  Those judges
do not mince any words, tho, do they?  They are brash and direct--
makes me wonder, after putting a lot of work into those crazy ideas
the directors come up with (I mean, garbage????), it surprises me
that the designers do not break down and cry more often than they
do.........or at least curse or say "fuck" more often than they do.

The expressions on their faces make me excited to see what the
challenge will be for next week's episode.  So, when, just when is
Heidi going to start looking pregnant???

No comments: