Tuesday, August 22, 2006

tonight

if i read my tv guide correctly, tonight is the repeat of that wacky HOUSE season ender.

Also, Spike Lee's documentary on Katrina ends tonight.  I'll tape it.

L'Enfant and Poseidon came in the mail today.

I'd like to see Little Miss Sunshine, but then I would deprive myself of seeing it when it comes out on DVD.

Today on the route I watched the new Wim Wenders movie, Don't Come Knocking, a modern western written by Sam Shepard and starring him and his wife, Jessica Lange.  Quirky, but not oddball.  I liked it a lot.  I took notes.

Henry has been home since Sunday.  He's going out tonight, so I guess -- instead of going to the movies -- Lee and I will go to Al-Anon, since we haven't been in months.  (Speaking of Ernie, he seems to be doing quite well.  And the Telluride FIlm Festival starts on Sept. 1, so I consider him lucky, to say the least.  It's the one film festival I've never attended and always wanted to.  Well, I've never been to Toronto's festival, either.)

On the route today, I stopped to talk to the trailer guy in the woods who has about a thousand goats and as many exotic birds wandering across the road.  I asked him if I could videotape his goats some day.  He said sure.  I wish I had been videotaping him today.  His mouth stuffed full of tobacco, his grizzled gray beard, he was as friendly as they get, talking about how -- "three thousand, or three million" -- people in Chicago ate up all the goat meat during a festival in the park recently.  He didn't look like he'd been ever left the county, let alone gone to Chicago.

I found the box of tax receipts and papers in the basement this morning for 2004.  It took a while. 

I had to stop to pee twice on the route today.  Must be the psychological impact of being denied my Avodart by the government.

More than you ever wanted to know about me today.  Think I'll chew some tobaccky and go out to the hammock.

No comments: