Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Who and the Rolling Stones

I've often thought of compiling a list of the famous people I have met. I would start with The Rolling Stones, although this would be only partially true, since I saw the original five members (including Brian) during their first tour of the U.S. only in concert and it wasn't until years later that I actually stood next to Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts at Cannes. They were hanging out with Pete Townshend and Bill Entwistle of The Who after a screening of Quadrophenia. I sat in the seat directly in front of Townshend and his two female companions but didn't know it until after the film ended. I was glad I didn't know, even though I thought the movie was great. I just kind of stood around afterwards to be near the ensemble of friends, but didn't ask for autographs or anything. Now that I think about it, Mick Taylor may have been there, too. I tried not to stare, pretending to read my festival materials.

No comments: